Series: Book One of Stonefire British Dragons
Genres: Fiction, Romance, Fantasy Romance
Rating: 4/5 stars
(The book is free for Kindle right now, but there are affiliate links ahead!!)
In exchange for a vial of dragon’s blood to save her brother’s life, Melanie Hall offers herself up as a sacrifice to one of the British dragon-shifter clans. Being a sacrifice means signing a contract to live with the dragon-shifters for six months to try to conceive a child. Her assigned dragonman, however, is anything but easy. He’s tall, broody, and alpha to the core. There’s only one problem—he hates humans.
Due to human dragon hunters killing his mother, Tristan MacLeod despises humans. Unfortunately, his clan is in desperate need of offspring to repopulate their numbers and it’s his turn to service a human female. Despite his plans to sleep with her and walk away, his inner dragon has other ideas. The curvy human female tempts his inner beast like no other.
Alright so first off, dragons are cool as heck.
And they just made this book even cooler.
- The couple was organically cute, it didn’t seem rushed or unnatural
- Main female character was sassy and strong willed.
- Male character was a dick, but his backstory actually made that work. No Severus Snape backstory here.
- Good pacing!
- All the characters were fleshed out and I enjoyed reading about them.
- Trauma wasn’t romanticized.
- NO INSTA LOVE!
- Women supporting other women!
- Literally only had one thing I disliked. There was a character that I thought would have been interesting to see as maybe the main character of one of the books later in the series, but she ended up being used as a throwaway character. That was kind of disappointing.
All in all, I would definitely read more books from this series (once I clear up some of my TBR pile.) I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy a sassy but kind female character, or if they really like to imagine a world where we lived among dragons because dude…Dragons are awesome!